Innovative Management For Resiliency
Project Timeline: January 2015 – December 2017
- Optimize the utilization of nutrients such as manure management and timing or placement of fertilizer to minimize losses as adaptation process.
- Work with producers to establish forage and annual crop production that is resilient to weather extremes using economically and environmentally sound practices.
- Set up demos with 4 key cooperators with alternative legumes, fertilizer placement & whole farm nutrient management.
- Monitored soil & crop response to innovative practices.
- Tested Soil Quality Field Kit. Working with Bill McGill to evaluate innovative practices in terms of soil quality.
- Worked with George Geldart to integrate economic analysis of innovative practices.
- Worked with Blackbird Environmental to evaluate spatial extent & variablity of effect of practices.
- Cohosted 5 field days where project innovative practices were highlighted & gave 6 presentations at winter workshops.
- Hosted updates for smaller groups at stations during workshops at 5 events.
- Compiled 6 articles & 6 factsheets (see right hand side)
- Ron Buchanan
Unnamed Road, Montney, BC V0C 1Y0, Canada
- Rod Strasky
Farmington, BC, Canada
- Andrew & Brian Clarke
Baldonnel, BC, Canada
- Gordon Lazinchuk
Bessborough, BC, Canada
- Tobin Dirks
Cecil Lake, BC, Canada
- Arnold & Nelda Bennett
Two Rivers, BC, Canada
- Sandra Burton
- Darryl Kroeker
For more information on older projects, please contact our coordinator.