Low Stress Livestock Handling with Dylan Biggs
October 15 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm MST$60.00 – $100.00
Live demonstration includes:
- How to think like a cow & understanding why cows do what they do.
- Understanding how our natural instincts can be counterproductive when working with
- The building blocks for training your herd to be manageable, and the basic skills of
- Where, when, and how to pressure the flight zone of a herd animal.
- Training your herd to drive. Gaining control of herd direction. Controlling herd speed.
- Coordinating people for a successful move.
- Moving livestock trough gates and dealing with obstacles.
Where: 5478 Rd, 251 Rd, Farmington, BC V0C 1N0 (Exceptional Equine Arena),
Dylan Biggs, along with wife Colleen, own and operate TK Ranch, which is located in the endangered Fescue Grasslands of east-central Alberta (26km S of Coronation and 55km NE of Hanna). Dylan has an extensive background in ranching, holistic management and stockmanship, and provides sought-after workshops and training seminars on these topics.
Cost: $60 PRFA members; $100 for non-members; $100 for PRFA member farm units. Lunch included