- This event has passed.
Advanced Grazing Systems Workshops (Jan 17, 23 & 31)
January 17 @ 7:00 pm - January 31 @ 9:00 pm MSTFree
Advanced Grazing Systems is a training course offered through the Canadian Forage and Grasslands Association website (CFGA).
The PRFA is providing this Workshop Series to help (1) walk producers through the Advanced Grazing Systems Training and (2) build their Rotational Grazing Plan.
- Both of these are required to apply for On Farm Climate Action Fund (OFCAF) funding for rotational grazing that is dispersed by the Canadian Forage and Grasslands Association (CFGA).
- Participants do not need to apply for funding to take this workshop. It will also be great for folks who just want to (a) learn more about rotational grazing or (b) take the time to finally get their grazing plan down on paper (or computer) and have something in-hand rather than just an idea in their head.
One participant will win a giveaway that is valued at $1,500 (to get a water trough that supports their rotational grazing system).
Location: Fort St. John
Time: 7-9pm on Tuesday Jan 17th, 29th & 31st, 2023
Open to: PRFA Members. If you are not a member please consider becoming one (memberships are available online).
The ideas behind this progessive workshop series:
- to provide a small group of producers a time/place to complete the training,
- to source ideas from our Coordinator (Nadia Mori, who has completed the Grazing Mentor certification) & other producers in the room, and
- to empower producers to feel comfortable enough to build their own rotational grazing plan.
If you have access to a laptop please bring one. If you don’t, no worries, we will work with paper copies.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION – On Farm Climate Action Fund (OFCAF)
On Farm Climate Action Fund (OFCAF) is a federal fund that was announced in Feb 2022. It will offer cost-share funding for three project streams: (1) nitrogen management, (2) cover cropping and (3) rotational grazing. Other activities, such as outreach, education and training are also supported.
- CFGA was selected as a recipient organization to distribute rotational grazing OFCAF funding in the provinces of BC, AB, SK and QC.
- CFGA will be distributing the OFCAF rotational grazing funding continuously for producers to apply on. In order to apply producers must complete the Advanced Grazing Systems training and a Rotational Grazing Plan.
- BC Investment Agriculture (BCIA) was also selected as a recipient organization to distribute (1) nitrogen management, (2) cover cropping and (3) rotational grazing OFCAF funding. BCIA has designated the BC Climate Agri-Solutions Fund (BCCAF) to deliver the OFCAF funding. Applications closed mid Oct for 2022 and will open in June 2023 and September 2023.
Excerpt from our 2022 Fall Newsletter: